HDMI Cloning Desktop + Wifi. Internet Shut off (R7-571-6858)

Options
esend7881
esend7881 Member Posts: 3 New User

This problem seems very odd. When I plug my R7-571-6858 into my 46" TV via the HDMI, while at the same time cloning my desktop screen and at the same time running WiFi, I notice my WiFi drops out!

The solution seems to be to close my laptop screen so only display feed is going through HDMI, however this seems rather odd.

I bought my Acer refurbished; I already suffer from the battery shutoff issue, and I am awaiting my screw driver to come in the mail to fix that. However, I am warry of any other issues this model could have. My warranty is expiring in about 3 weeks!

Has anyone else seen this Wifi issue?

Answers

• esend7881
    esend7881 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Just to update, the appears the screwdriver fixed my battery issue, however my HDMI + WiFi issues remain. Here is what I have tested so far:

Plugged Laptop in wall (no effect).

Tried Extended/Clone monitor mode -- Problem

Tried Single monitor mode -- Problem goes away!

But this presents a problem, how can I use multiple displays and extend my desktop if WiFi/Internet dies on me when I do?

My next plan to try connecting to a different router to see if that helps (currently I am using an older 802.11g router). If not, I will need to return/exchange my Acer.

This discussion has been closed.