ACER Backup Manager - Backup Failing - Cannot Access File??

Brendona
Brendona Member Posts: 10 New User

In attempting a backup, I get a message 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'

How can I find out the name of the file or which process Ii should switch off?

Thanks

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Sometimes you can get this error if a backup has already started. Have you tried rebooting, then running backup manager to create your backup? 

• Brendona

Thanks for responding. I've tried rebooting but get the same error.

• Blayn-Acer

Unfortunately, I am out of ideas as to what may be causing the error. My next recommendation would be to try to reinstall the Acer Backup Manager software. You can use the steps below as a general guideline, but they could be a little different, depending on your model.

1. Click Start, then All Programs select the Acer Folder and launch the Acer eRecovery Application.

2. Click Restore

3. Select Reinstall Applications and drivers

4. Click Contents, then select the Acer Backup Manager application

5. Click install

• Brendona

Thanks but can you give me the instructions for Windows 8.1?

• Blayn-Acer

1. Go to your start screen with all the tiles. You can press the Windows key to toggle between the desktop and start screen.

2. Once you are on the start screen, type recovery, then launch the Acer Recovery Manager application.

3. Click Reinstall Applications and Drivers

4. Select Contents and find the Acer Backup Manager application, then click the install button.

• Brendona

Followed your instructions but on selecting the Backup Manager I get the mesage that the latest one is aslready installed.

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

You may try disabling any security or virus protection programs you have running. That could be causing the issue. Try closing any unnecessary programs, and seeing if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.