Acer R7 keyboard and touchpad placement

Options
Henrykh
Henrykh Member Posts: 3 New User
Just got my R7-571G for a week, still not get used to the up side down touchpad & keyboard placement, especially when using powerpoint.... Is anyone think it is a better arrangement than traditional one? or just use a mouse like I do?

Answers

• MDacerGuy
    MDacerGuy Member Posts: 39

Tinkerer

Options

I love the position

I would think the main reason IS the position of the touchpad,which for many folks like me, never used it and always used an external mouse.

But in theory you shouldnt really need a mouse since you now have a touch screen,thus is why touchpad is out of the way. I wouldnt be surprised if many of the new touchscreen laptops put the touchpad in different positiions as well.

I mean if you're going to use the touchpad all the time, why pay the extra money for a touchscreen laptop? You can get non touchscreens for cheap nowadays.

Curious though, there are things in powerpoint that you have a touchpad for or something?

• surfaceproartis
    surfaceproartis Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

I had this same question at first until I began using the R7 in easel (or Ezel) mode. This puts the screen much closer to your fingers and makes a big difference.

However, I also use the laptop with a pen so clicking on small touch targets is easier. If I didn't have a pen, I'd definitely need a bluetooth mouse because touch alone won't suffice for desktop apps.

• Henrykh
    Options

I don't have digitize pen, I think that is the reason I need to use touch pad or a mouse when doing precise control, touch screen is just not good for it....

• Henrykh
    Options

I agree that the screen position closer to me is really good, especially when reading article or browsing web pages (with touch screen of course).

This discussion has been closed.