Kinda funny but Very Strange!

Options
RoseFireLite
RoseFireLite Member Posts: 6 New User

I have a friend that has a Acer Aspire 7250 aab70 the hard drive crashed. She calls me up way too early in the morning for me in tears. I ask "What's wrong?" She says "My computer DIED!!! Now how am I suppose to do my transcribing?"
I think she is just being over-dramatic "bring it over" I said I thought maybe she had just pushed F-12 or whatever the F key takes you to the BIOS window. I was very surprised to find that she had in fact had killed her hard drive. She has no money until her next pay check and I had an old SATA hard drive from my dead Gateway NV.

So now the poor Aspire thinks it is a Gateway NV!!! I hope I'm not violating too many laws! 

(We are going to buy a new SATA from Newegg as soon as we can!)

Answers

• mazen
    mazen Member Posts: 57 New User
    Options

Sorry to hear this but, you are not violating any rule by replacing the HD.

Good Luck

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Rose, it was nice of you to help her. Most hard drives are made by a small number of companies, who then sell them to computer manufacturers. It is not illegal to swap out a hard drive.

• RoseFireLite
    RoseFireLite Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I wasn't sure if Hard Drives are proprietary or not! I just found it funny that an acer thinks it is a gateway!Woman LOL 

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Rose, the world needs more friends like you. Humorously enough, Acer bought out Gateway, which had bought out E machines. Gateway had been a very profitable company at the turn of the century, but in order to cut costs, they fouled-up everything. When Acer bought them, Gateway had lost over 80% of its value.

This discussion has been closed.