Acer Aspire d225e will not download Windows 7.1 Service Pack

Options
laurincy
laurincy Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi All

I have tried many times to download the Windows 7.1 Service Pack onto my Acer Aspire with no luck. One suggestion had me downloading some kind of helper but that wouldn't download either. THese downloads all seem much too lard for this tiny netbook. Any experience or ideas out there for me?

Thanks in advance!Q

Laurie

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi laurincy!

Does your netbook use Intel graphics? I seem to remember a problem installing SP1, on PC's with an old Intel graphic driver.

Try updating your graphics driver, and then give SP1 another go...!

• laurincy
    Options

Hi Fin,

Thanks for the response. This is what I got when I tried to update the driver:

Graphics Driver.jpg

• finlux
    Options
    Ok, so it didn't work despite a new driver being available?

Try updating the graphics driver through Device Manager....
  • laurincy
    Options

When I tried Acer's driver updater it said the driver is already up-to-date. I've done all sorts of things, so many I don't remember. The latest error I am getting is Error#80070002. This error tells me to turn of Windows Updater, try to install the update, then turn Updater back on. 

But it won't let me turn off Updater....

StopUpdate.jpg

• laurincy
    Options

Ok, I just deleted the temporary Update files in the Software Distribution Folder. I will try a reboot and see what happens............

• finlux
    Options

OK, make sure you turn off the Windows Update service beforehand, reboot & try searching for Windows Updates. Let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.