Windows tabs - be careful what you ask for

Options

Many have been asking for a USB charge port. Well two of the new tabs have this but there is a difugledy: The USB port is used for charging. And when charging it cannot be used for USB so when charging you do not have a USB port.

I suspect that someone may come up with a Y cable or adapter that will allow both but until then Tabs that charge via USB cannot be used for anything else while on a/c.

Will keep looking.

Answers

• Junonia
    Junonia Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

difuglety? Is that new? I've heard of defugalty...

• wmm
    wmm Member Posts: 63 Troubleshooter
    Options

I don't know about the W4 (obviously, since Acer hasn't started shipping them yet, if they ever do), but at least for the Dell Venue there are a couple of ways to hack up cables and/or hubs to allow both charging and USB peripherals at the same time.  There's a thread on tabletpcreview.com that explores the issues and potential solutions in great detail.  For the moment, though, I'm going to be using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse with my Toshiba Encore and just using the USB port on battery power for the brief intervals when I need to print something or use a flash drive.  It is a pain, though; I wonder how difficult it would have been to have two USB ports, one for charging and one for peripherals?

This discussion has been closed.