V5 471P Win 7 Lan driver

Options
Terry2905
Terry2905 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi.

I very recently bought an Acer V5 touch 471P. It comes preloaded with win 8, which I upgraded to 8.1.

I have a program that I need to use, but it is not compatible with Win 8, and the vendor is not providing support for Win 8.

So my only option was to wipe the hard drive and install Win 7. Most stuff seems to work, but I have lost my wired LAN connection. I am able to connect wirelessly through the router from the laptop to the desktop (the program runs networked), but I need the wired Lan connection. The Win 8 drivers for the wired Lan will not install.

Any help or ideas?

Rgds.

Terry

Answers

• Terry2905
    Options

Hi.

Got it sorted. I downloaded the realtek win 7 driver from realtek website. Sorted that bit now!

2 other problems still exist though. Control panel/device manager shows 2 "other" devices, PCI device and USB Controller with a ? mark. Everything on the computer seems to work though, and the USB slots all work!

Again, any gurus that can shed some light on those 2 problems?

Rgds.

Terry

• Terry2905
    Options

Hi.

Further update! I found out what the "unkown" PCI device was! It was the card reader. I installed an intel driver, and that now works (I had not noticed that the card reader was not working!).

So, just the last one to try and figure out? What is the "unkown" USB controller?

Acer help were no help, because I had changed the installed operating system!

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the annoying device manager message about the USB controller? All the USB slots work flawlessly, so it is not actually a great problem, just an annoying one.

Finally, my acer now runs twice as fast under win 7 Smiley Very Happy

Rgds

Terry

• Terry2905
    Options

Hi.

Anybody got an answer?

Unknown USB controller in win 7?

I have not been able to find any info, nor a driver for it!

Rgds.

Terry

• Terry2905
    Options

Hi.

I finally found out what the "unknown USB controller" was. It was the USB 3.0 hub.

I found a driver for it through google!

It works fine now.

Regards.

Terry

This discussion has been closed.