compatibility issues

Options
precious9110
precious9110 Member Posts: 6 New User
Hello I am having a promblem with Microsoft. Every time I turn on the acer aspire 5733z it has a compatibility issue message! Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK,

Firstly, go to start and type MSCONFIG in the search box, and click on the program. Go to the Startup tab and disable all programs except your Anti Virus. Restart your machine to see if the message comes back. If it doesn't, one of the startup programs is causing a problem. Re-enable them one by one to see if the message comes back. If you find a particular program that is causing the problem, uninstall it (or leave it disabled).

If that doesn't work, backup all your data, and reinstall Windows from the recovery partition:

To access the built in recovery partition:

1. Within Windows: Click Start>All Programs>Acer>Acer eRecovery Management, then click "Restore". Select "Completely Restore...." option     or

2. Restart your PC. On the Acer Logo screen, press & hold ALT & F10, this too will start the process.

When you're finally done, check to see if all is OK. Load all your programs one by one and see if the message comes back.

If the problem still remains, contact Acer support for your region.

Answers

• finlux
    Options

Hi precious 9110!

What is the exact wording of the "Compatibility Issue" message?

It may be a program or device is not compatible with your version of Windows.

Post back with your Windows version, and the details of the message, and I'll see if I can help further.

• precious9110
    Options
    It says my issue is with the verson of windows! I have windows 7 I bought the computer about six months ago and it is having tons of promblems. It won't connect to wifi/ internet without being on safe mode, brand new printer will not connect im not sure why, and this issue now I'm not sure how to fix any of it or if itsfixable Smiley Sad
  • finlux
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK,

Firstly, go to start and type MSCONFIG in the search box, and click on the program. Go to the Startup tab and disable all programs except your Anti Virus. Restart your machine to see if the message comes back. If it doesn't, one of the startup programs is causing a problem. Re-enable them one by one to see if the message comes back. If you find a particular program that is causing the problem, uninstall it (or leave it disabled).

If that doesn't work, backup all your data, and reinstall Windows from the recovery partition:

To access the built in recovery partition:

1. Within Windows: Click Start>All Programs>Acer>Acer eRecovery Management, then click "Restore". Select "Completely Restore...." option     or

2. Restart your PC. On the Acer Logo screen, press & hold ALT & F10, this too will start the process.

When you're finally done, check to see if all is OK. Load all your programs one by one and see if the message comes back.

If the problem still remains, contact Acer support for your region.

• precious9110
    Options
    Ok the message did not show up after disable all I will go try and figure out which program is causing this. Thank you so much :-D
  • finlux
    Options

Good luck, and keep us informed!

• woux27
    woux27 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi friends,i bought a acer revo today.After assembly i switch it on enter my e mail ,now i am stuck which seems to be a screenlock its asking for a password i dont know any tried all my passwords plse help

• finlux
    Options

Hi woux27

If it is a Windows 8 PC, and you entered your details as a Microsoft account, then it is your Microsoft password you need to use to log on! You can, however use other email addresses like Yahoo, or Gmail. See here for more details.

If you really can't fathom out what you did, then I'd suggest to reinstall Windows from scratch by pressing ALT & tapping F10 as soon as you see the Acer logo (on restarting) to start the recovery process. Just make sure you have all your details to hand (including your password).

If you don't want to use an existing account, then you can set up a local account (just like previous Windows). When you get to the screen (below) click on the link as indicated by the arrow, then follow the on screen instructions. 

windows-8-clean-install-27.png

Signing on locally will mean you won't be able to  use the Windows Store, or sync major settings between multiple Windows 8 computers, plus other things. However, this can be changed later.

This discussion has been closed.