Hello and unable to connect to my BT broadband

Options
raggetty
raggetty Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello

I am hoping that someone may be able to help us.  We have recently bought our first tablet ACER Iconia A1.

We can connect to wifi but cannot connect to the bt broadband hub.

I keep getting 'authenticating' but then 'authenticating failed'

BT have said there is no problem with the tablet and there is no problem with the hub.  My neighbour 3 doors away is with orange - connects straight away.

I was very polite and said to BT if I changed internet provider, would the tablet then connect - the answer was yes.

My laptop and kindle both connect but why not the tablet?

BT also say that the wireless adaptor is unique and will only connect to a static home hub - we don't have a static IP address?

If anyone can offer any advice we would be grateful.  

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,757 Trailblazer
    Options

Sounds like you have a 'script kiddie' to talk to, who doesn't understand what you are asking. I don't know how BT has you provisioned, but I'd guess they only allow a certain number of devices to connect, and the tablet is one too many. :-(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • raggetty
    raggetty Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for trying, sorry didn't reply earlier my dad's been pretty poorly.  I called back and spoke to a supervisor and they still couldn't fix it. Mentioned it to my brother and he fixed it. Appears that it was the broadband key wasn't putting the correct one in. User error, I'm afraid, easy when you know how. 

This discussion has been closed.