W500 and Upgrade to windows 8.1

Options
westonr
westonr Member Posts: 35 New User

I received a notification to install windows 8.1 also a mail to get a code which I did I then down loaded the update which took some time every thing seemed OK now able to run split screen in several applications. I am running Windows 8.1 Pro but I have also :-  To   Add features to Windows 8.1 I already have a product Key for Windows 8 do I use this or must I Buy a new licence Key ???? to get the full benefit of 8.1 ?

The upgrade has stopped my screen ration working which is a bit of a sod I get a screen that tells me the Device Control Programme has stopped working correctly windows will close programme and notify you if a solution is available.

Can anybody advise about the issue do I need to roll back the installation to get the screen rotation working again or try reinstalling the control programme. Any one had the same issue.

Answers

• dakmitch
    dakmitch Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My screen rotation no longer works adter the upgrade to windows 8.1 as well, any suggestions?

• Junonia
    Junonia Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Have you updated your drivers? I have a W510 not a W500, but the only problem I've had with 8.1 so far is not being able to connect to my xbox live games.

This discussion has been closed.