No Bootable Devices, Hit Any Key AND Will not enter BIOS/SETUP via F2 NO WHAT?

Options
jstansmith
jstansmith Member Posts: 2 New User

Shut system off.  Tapping F2 at acer logo screen...NEVER goes to BIOS.  Tried all function keys to get to SETUP. TRIED EVERY SINGLE KEY ON THE KEYBOARD TO GET TO SETUP....TWICE....NO WORKY.  Always goes to "NO BOOTABLE....ANYKEY" error.  IT IS NOT THE HDD NOR RAM. 

[inappropriate content removed]

Answers

• danlat1415
    danlat1415 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

Bios is sometimes very hard to get I.to - especially now that systems boot a LOT faster, you have a fraction of a second to get it right.

I had a similar problem getting in.

press the power on the laptop, then press and hold the Fn key ( wait for the power light to come on first - if you press it before that, it won't register that it's pressed).

The constantly tap the F2 key on and off very fast.

Hopefully this will register before they system gets past the initial boot sequence and load up the bios.

When you're in the bios - change the boot type from ufei (think that's it) to legacy.

If your hard drive has a certain file system, it won't recognise in the newerr ufei.

What laptop you got?

What had you done prior to this which has caused the problem? Mine did this when I tried to wipe my system and reload a fresh install of Windows.

This discussion has been closed.