Acer Aspire 5742 wireless do not turn on

Options
voshika
voshika Member Posts: 2 New User

I re-installed windows 7 and updated the BIOS but Wifi drivers are not installed and under device manager network category display only LAN drivers which works fine. I installed both Broadcom and Aethros wireless driver and none of them come under network in Device manager.

While opening device manager I pressed fn+F3 to on the wifi I noticed device manger listed the un recognized hardware.

But some times wireless switch is on and wireless device is shown Aethros AR5B... (Can't remember) and working fine for few minutes.

With what would be the reason either drivers or hardware

Tks

Voshika

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi voshika

If you've installed the correct drivers for your laptop from the Acer support site, and it works for a few minutes, it could be 2 things:

1. The wireless card is failing, or perhaps has worked loose. You may be able to remove the base or a panel on the bottom of the laptop to check. Make sure it is seated properly in its slot.

2. Make sure that your router and laptop are configured correctly. Delete the entry, and enter it again.

If the above fail, then it may well be the wireless card at fault. You might be lucky enough to get one from ebay. Otherwise take the laptop to your local PC store for a fix.

• voshika
    voshika Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you very much for the reply

The wireless card was not properly fixed to the slot.

Tks

Voshika

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options
    Great!

Glad it's now OK!
This discussion has been closed.