trackpad no longer working on C720-2800 ?

Options
slim
slim Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi Forum.  The trackpad on this unit has stopped tracking.  It does work somewhat, but there are lots of errors in tracking and clicks making impossible to use.  It worked without incident for about 4 hours.  Is there someway to test or reset ?

Thank you.

Answers

• slim
    Options

And today it works... Bizare.  Several restarts and power offs made no difference yesterday.  The trackpad is clean and was not cleaned so it can't be related to something effecting it.  Perhaps I had too much electrical potential in my finger.

• slim
    Options

I'm now guessing this has something to do with the larger cursor option in accessibility, because shortly after enabling today I started experiencing the same problem originally reported.  The trackpad has behaved correctly since original incident which also included enabling larger cursor.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi...

Use the following steps to perform a factory rest on your Chrome device:

1. Click the status area in the lower-right corner, where your account picture appears.
    2. Select Settings and click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page.
    3. Find the "Factory Reset" section and click Reset.
    4. In the dialogue box that opens, select Restart.
  • slim
    Options

Thanks for replay Sharanji.  I do not have such an option in settings.  There is "powerwash" and "reset browser" options, but no "factory reset" section that I can see.

• slim
    Options

Now the problem just occured when I plugged in the power supply.  No amount of resets or shutdowns seems to return the correct trackbad behavior.  I'll report when it returns

• slim
    Options

The trackpad started working again although I can't determine what made it so.  Searching the Internet I found the following link that might be related:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromebook-central/f4xmYwZ3bOU

slim

[repaired link]

This discussion has been closed.