Having trouble since newest Elan Smartpad driver update

JohnDee
JohnDee Member Posts: 2 New User

I just recently updated to the newest Elantech Smartpad driver available on Acer's dowload page (version 11.6.27.201).  I have an Aspire V5-571P and I'm running Widows 8.1 (x64).  The update fixed a problem I was having, the system tray icon and attached smartpad options would not start at Windows start.  Unfortunately the new update has brought new problems.  For one, the sensitivity seems glitchy.  Before the update I could simply roll my fingertip on the smartpad for fine cursor movements but now the movement is jerky and stuttering.  Also, in the options, I cannot change the multi-finger scrolling options.  There are check boxes for vertical and horizontal scrolling and for reverse scrolling and inertial scrolling.  However, the options for reverse and inertia are checked and grayed out so I cannot uncheck them.  I can check and uncheck the vertical and horizontal options all I want but it does not change the other options.  Also, scrolling speed is grayed out and unalterable.  I tried changing these options in the single-finger scrolling and they all worked fine, but changing them there did not change them in the multi-finger section and I don't want single-finger scrolling on at all.  Anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• u01jmg3
    u01jmg3 Member Posts: 3 New User

I too am experiencing the same problem with options such as 'Reverse' being greyed out and unavailable in the multi-finger scroll section.

I have a brand new Acer Aspire S7 so I updated the Elan Touchpad (v11.6.27.201) more or less straight away after upgrading to Windows 8.1 so it has always been greyed out for me - would really love to know why this is the case!

I only discovered this when I noticed 2-finger scrolling was the wrong way around to what I expected (up is scroll down and down is scroll up). Meantime I found this solution to my scroll problem - http://www.howtogeek.com/57542/ - but I'd prefer that the Elan Touchpad software was working correctly.

Please let me know if anyone has solved this problem Smiley Happy

issue.png

• u01jmg3
    u01jmg3 Member Posts: 3 New User

Updating to v11.6.28.201 (released Sep 24 2013) has had no effect Smiley Sad

• 3_Legged_Llama
    3_Legged_Llama Member Posts: 1 New User

I had the same issue and just figured it out

In the same Elan window you had in your picture
       Select the additional tab ---> then the very bottom button "gesture effect" then change your configuration from "zoom perfect" to "microsoft modern touchpad experience" hit apply, then you will be able to change those settings

Capture.PNG

sweetbluepen.PNG

This discussion has been closed.