recovery disk for the aspire 2920

Options
jacks657
jacks657 Member Posts: 8 New User

can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase a erecovery disk for my aspire 2920 please as i have bought a second hand one and they have deleted the recovery within the notebook thanks very much....

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi jacks657

If the website is saying there are no recovery disks available, you could ring Acer for your region (phone numbers on the support page - contact us) to see if a "human" can help further!

Alternatively, you could buy a new version of Windows - ideally the same version that was installed, otherwise you may have driver issues - and install that. You would need, however to go to the Acer support site, enter the details of your laptop, then download the correct drivers & applications then save them to disk or external memory. Once Windows has finished installing, use it to install the correct drivers & applications.

Answers

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
  • jacks657
    jacks657 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Thanks for your reply I've tried doing what you've said and its saying " No RCD available for the entered Serial Number". Can you help me any further please.  

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi jacks657

If the website is saying there are no recovery disks available, you could ring Acer for your region (phone numbers on the support page - contact us) to see if a "human" can help further!

Alternatively, you could buy a new version of Windows - ideally the same version that was installed, otherwise you may have driver issues - and install that. You would need, however to go to the Acer support site, enter the details of your laptop, then download the correct drivers & applications then save them to disk or external memory. Once Windows has finished installing, use it to install the correct drivers & applications.

This discussion has been closed.