Travelmate p453 back cover needed

Options
16crab
16crab Member Posts: 1 New User

My Travelmate p453 was left too close to a space heater and has melted a bit. Laptop is still functioning fine but I'd like to replace it.  It is no longer under warranty so I thought I could pick up a replacement on ebay or another online store and do it myself.

There are not very many replacement covers for Travelmate available online. But there are many for the Aspire that has the same LCD size as mine (15.6"). Are any of these covers interchangeable?

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

16crab, there is more than one version of your laptop, but they seem to have been manufactured in 2012 with a two-year warranty. Reviewers are impressed by its ruggedness, and you proved they are right.

I doubt that your warranty covers customer damage, but I would advise you to check with the store where you bought it. Assuming that your warranty won't cover it, you might be better off going to a reputable computer shop and explaining your situation. I don't know how important appearance is to you, but transferring everything to a new case might cost more than the laptop is worth.

This discussion has been closed.