Recovery not completing

Options
Myacer1
Myacer1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi I hope some on can help. I have a Acer Aspire 5733Z-4851and the recovery to manager default is not working. Recovery will not complete the process goes all the way to Installing cleanup... 27 of 28 and will not go to 28. I did recovery with the F10 and with the recovery disc 3 times and always gets stuck at the same spot Installing clean up..27/28. Oh pleas help

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Myacer1

Use CTRL, SHIFT & ESC to bring up Task Manager, and stop the process "Alaunchx.exe". Next press Windows key & R and type MSCONFIG in the Run box then click on the startup tab. Uncheck the box for Alaunchx.exe, exit & restart your computer. It will now boot up without trying to install cleanup.

To clean up system files, use the built in Disk Cleanup. Type Disk Cleanup in the start menu, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup. Once the box pops up, click on the "Clean up system files" (bottom left corner) then finally tick all boxes, then click OK.

One last thing, type Device Manager in the start menu, click on the result and check all items in the list do not have an Exclamation mark by the side. If one does, you will need to download the driver from the Acer support site.

This discussion has been closed.