Enable the onboard graphics controller (Acer Aspire M3970)

Options
poepsmurf2
poepsmurf2 Member Posts: 14 New User

Hi all,

I hope someone is able to tell me if there is a possibility to enable the onboard graphics controller on the Acer Aspire M3970.
When i bought the pc, there was already a external graphics card in one of the slots. This one only contains a HDMI and a DVI port, and the onboard graphics card has the possibility to use a HDMI and a VGA port.
I was wondering if it possible to use both the external graphics card and the onboard graphics card so i have the opportunity to use 2 HDMI ports, the VGA port and the DVI port.

I know that most of the BIOS have an option to choose between what graphics card to use but i cant seem to find it,
I thought that i would find it in: BIOS > ADVANCED > Integrated Peripherals, but i only have the options:

Onboard SATA Controller              Enables or disables the onboard SATA controller.
Onboard SATA Mode                    Select an operating mode for the onboard SATA.
Onboard USB Controller                Enables or disables the onboard USB controller.
Legacy USB Support                     Enables or disables support for legacy USB devices.
USB Storage Emulation                  If Auto, USB device equal or less than 2GB will be emulated as Floppy
                                                 and remaining as harddrive. Forced FDD option can be used to force a
                                                 HDD formatted drive to boot as FDD (Ex.ZIP drive).
Onboard Audio Controller             Enables or disables the onboard audio controller.
Onboard LAN Controller                Enables or disables the onboard LAN controller.
Onboard LAN Option ROM             Enables or disables the load of embedded option ROM for onboard
                                                 network controller.

Can someone let me know if i need to use one of these options? Or if there is anonther option to use both the onboard and external graphics card with an Acer Aspire M3970? Or do i just need to deal with the fact that there is no possibility to use both?

Thanks in advance.

Option
Enabled
Disabled
Native IDE
RAID
AHCI
Enabled
Disabled
Enabled
Disabled
Auto
Floppy
Hard Disk
Enabled
Disabled
Enabled
Disabled
Enabled
Disabled

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi poepsmurf2

As far as I'm aware, you can not use the on board, and graphics card together. You will need to buy a card with 2 HDMI ports and/or VGA and DVI.

Hope this helps!

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi poepsmurf2

As far as I'm aware, you can not use the on board, and graphics card together. You will need to buy a card with 2 HDMI ports and/or VGA and DVI.

Hope this helps!

• poepsmurf2
    poepsmurf2 Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

Hi Finlux,

Thanks for your reaction, now i know that it isn't possible Smiley Happy.

Time to close this question.

This discussion has been closed.