Battery drain after Windows 8.1 installation

Options
kasun12345
kasun12345 Member Posts: 10 New User

Hi! I'm new here. I'm using an Acer E1-572. I've noticed a huge battery drain after installing windows 8.1. Before that I was using windows 8 without any battery problems. Usually on win 8 the battery lasts roughly around 4 hours. But after installing windows 8.1 it only lasts around 2 hours. Is there is a solution for this problem?? Smiley Frustrated

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

This may happened due to some background application that utilizing high CPU usage. Normally power consumption vary according to CPU usage. You can check it by using below step. ( Close All Running Applications before do this)

1) Press Alt + Ctrl+ Del 

2) Task Manager

3) Select " Performance" 

Untitled.jpg

If the CPU usage abnormally higher, we have to find the particular service which is running background. Please give me your feed back . Will try to find the issue and solve. Smiley Happy

All the Best 

• kasun12345
    Options

CPU runs normally. Nothing unusual whatsoever. Do you have any suggestions?? 

• Charitha
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Did you update the BIOS ?  The lates one in the Acer Web is 2.03v . 

• kasun12345
    Options

Actually my bios version is v2.04. because of that it gives me an error when I try to update my bios revision. 

I'm littlebit confused by the fact that my notebook has an updated version than the version they've released. Smiley Surprised

• Charitha
    Options

How it happened? Did you update the bios into 2.04 by your self? Don't warry will try to do something..  Smiley Happy 

• kasun12345
    Options

Nope. I didn't do anything. It was there by default. Smiley Surprised

• Charitha
    Options

I think that wont be a issue for you. Would you mind can  I have the Full model details? Normally highest BIOS Virsion consisting more fixing solutions.

This discussion has been closed.