W3 Touch Screen Permanent Malfunction

Options
tomnovak
tomnovak Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

Time-to-time, especially after windows update session, touch screen didn't react after a tablet restart.

As the measure, I always reinstalled the drivers, restarted tablet and problem was away.

This week, there came a new windows update of Intel graphics and after restart, touch screen worked maybe 5 seconds and then permamently dead.

Device manager says:

i2c hid device ACPI\SYNA7300\3

error code 10

status_device_power_failure

I reinstalled the driver several times with all accessible versions 1.0, 1.01, 2.0, 2.01 - no improvement.

I tried also ivga lenovo driver.

I reinstalled the complete system and it still doesn't react.

In device manager, all devices have sxwitched off the energy saving function.

Could you pls help. Thank you.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Power failure to touchscreen pretty much means you are going to have to get it serviced. Either the cable is loose or it is broken. :-(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Power failure to touchscreen pretty much means you are going to have to get it serviced. Either the cable is loose or it is broken. :-(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tomnovak

Tinkerer

Options

billsey: you are right. I sent the tablet to acer service . They report they changed the cable mainboard-screen. Now seems everything ok.

• billsey
    Options

It always makes me feel good when I finally get something right. :-)

Now, if I could just convince my wife that it's possible...

• tomnovak

Tinkerer

Options

Smiley Happy)

I can't even convince the mine. And I know her. Sorry, the challenge you annonce I can't accept. Mission Impossible.

And thank you.

This discussion has been closed.