Can you revert back to windows 8 after you upgraded to 8.1 on V3-571G?

Options
geass
geass Member Posts: 1 New User

So i bought a laptop Acer V3-571G with preinstalled Windows 8 (non pro), after turning it on, it said that i need to make a recovery drive (atleast 16gb usb drive needed + 4GB dvd for the driver/software) so i made it. Today after turning on it said that i can upgrade to 8.1 for free, so i googled a bit and there were some controversies about when you should screw up windows and want to reinstall it, you cant because 8.1 install ruined the recovery partition. Is it true? Cause i dont have the product key lable under my laptop, it gets it key from the installer itself.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi geass!

If you upgrade to Windows 8.1, it should leave the recovery partition intact, however you still have the USB drive which will contain the eRecovery program for your laptop, and that will restore it back to Windows 8.0.

It might be worth leaving 8.1 alone for now, there are many reports of problems when upgrading, of drivers or applications not working. If you wish to go ahead and upgrade, check the Acer support site for your region, to see if there are any updated drivers for your laptop.

This discussion has been closed.