Help with recovery disks

Options
Falcon84
Falcon84 Member Posts: 3 New User

I am trying to reformat my Aspire 5742-6475 using factory recovery disks that I purchased from Acer. It finishes the "restore" process but when it boots into Windows 7 to install the software itself, it "hangs up" at 29 of 42. This is the software for the Cyrstal Eye camera. I've tried reformatting several times but this problem continues. I would GREATLY appreciate any help to fix this issue!

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Falcon84

If it is hanging up at 29/42, then go to task manager and end the process of "Alaunchx.exe". This is the program that installs applications & drivers after using eRecovery. Go to Acer support for your region and click the "Drivers & Manuals" section, then enter the details of your PC. Download the Crystal Eye camera software, and manually install it.

Once done, reboot your computer, and the "Alaunchx.exe" program should continue to install 30-42 of the remaining programs.

Post back if you have any further issues!

• Falcon84
    Options

Hi...thank you for responding!  I've downloaded the camera software onto a USB flash drive using a friend's computer. However, when I do Ctrl/Alt/Delete and click the running processes, the box opens for a split second and disappears. The install screen that is stuck on 29/42 takes up the whole screen and I've tried different combinations of keys to minimize it, but it won't go away. So, as long as it's up, I can't do anything.

• Falcon84
    Options

I think I got it to work. I did Cntrl/Alt/Del during the "blue" Windows startup screen...prior to the install screen that was taking up the whole screen. It appears to have worked because now it looks like it did out of the box. I am going to make my own recovery discs now. I've never had any problems when I've made my own. Thank you very much for your help!!!

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Falcon84

Glad you're now fixed!

This discussion has been closed.