Acer Aspire V5-573g HD to SSD clone problem

Options
plogtintin
plogtintin Member Posts: 17 New User

Hi I have a v5-573g laptop that I have changed the hdd to a ssd.

I cloned the hdd to the ssd (with all partitions) and its working.

However, restore/clean windows does not work. It says that files for restore are missing and that I need to put in a restore cd or something similar.

Is it because you cant clone the recovery partition to a new hdd? as a security measure?

How do I get my windows serial key? Is it possible to download windows 8,1 and do a clean install without acer partitions?

Answers

• Alan-London
    Options

I would temporarily return your HDD to your V5 and create the recovery media. You can then use the recovery media to restore onto your SSD.

The Windows key is permanently embedded in your V5 and will only work with the original OEM version supplied with your machine. If you choose to install a retail version, you will need to use the key provided with that version.

Should you be unable to create recovery media, you can purchase from Acer.

• plogtintin
    plogtintin Member Posts: 17 New User
    Options

Well I created a recovery media from the original harddrive and put it on a usb stick. I used that to install windows on a new samsung 840 evo ssd.

However, I´ve had huge problems with that ssd, for example; the computer thinks im using a sata 3 connection sometime and a sata 2 sometimes. Rebooting creates "boot manager not found" making me unable to start the computer (I have to turn on and off the computer several times until it starts).

I´ve done several reinstalls of windows using the usb and non has worked. Even formated the whole disk using Gparted and created new partitions but the same problems exists.

However, I think its the ssd that is the problem since my other A-data sx900 ssd works perfectly and the org. harddrive.

Im waiting for a new samsung ssd and I will try the recovery option then.

This discussion has been closed.