Options
7294 Member Posts: 3 New User

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi 7294

Bizarre! The Image works fine here, I posted originally on my home PC and now I am posting on my works machine!! It even displays correctly in your reply!

Give it a while, there may be a tech problem here. Post back, if you can't see it in a few hours....

Answers

• finlux
    Options

Hi 7294

You should be able to connect 2 monitors to your AX1800. Does it have a separate graphics card, or are you using the "on board" graphics from the motherboard?

If it doesn't have a separate card, you will need to buy one - one with at least 2 connections on, so you can connect a monitor to each.

As the AX1800 is a compact desktop, you will need to buy a card with a low profile. You may also need to upgrade the power supply as it may not be powerful enough to run the card. I believe it is around 220 watts.

Check the power consumption of the card when you buy. If it works on less that 220 watts, then it will be OK.

Options

Thanks very much for the info., please excuse my ignorance but where you responded with "Does it have a separate graphics card, or are you using the "on board" graphics from the motherboard",where would I look to to find out if it has a seperate graphics card? I have not installed oen since I got the system.

• finlux
    Options

See the below picture. It is of a PC that is similar to yours. Your configuration may differ. The top arrow points to a PCI bay - where a graphics card would be if you had one. The bottom arrow points to the on-board graphics that is on the motherboard:

rear.jpg

The PCI bay is where you need to place the card, which should have 2 or more connections, so you can connect a monitor to each:

gfx connections.jpg

Hope this helps!

Options

Please see below for the image I see in your reply message. How do I open it or convert it to a viewable picture?

rear.jpg

• finlux
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi 7294

Bizarre! The Image works fine here, I posted originally on my home PC and now I am posting on my works machine!! It even displays correctly in your reply!

Give it a while, there may be a tech problem here. Post back, if you can't see it in a few hours....

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi finlux

Images require moderator approval. At the time they were posted, there was no moderator present to approve them. So yes, they would show on your own post, but not on the board.

• finlux
    Options

Hi Elizabeth

Many thanks for the info! That was something I was not aware of!

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Feel free to pm any mod you see on the forum and ask for approval. If you see no moderator, the pics will be reviewed as soon as one come on.

This discussion has been closed.