nVidias 3D Vision broke my Projector..Acer X1261P

Options
The_Nephilim
The_Nephilim Member Posts: 53 New User

Hey Everybody,

I had some good news today I received my 3rd and final Projector for my 3D Setup.. Well I spent a few hours getting 2D Surround working. I finally got that working and went to run the nVidia 3D wizaard and it went into 1920x1080 resolution and my Screen went Green..

I ended up plugging in a older DVI Monitor I have and the resolution was at 1920 x 1080 funny the Projector can ONLY do 1280x720.. Well I reset the Resolution and plugged in the Projector and it was just a bunch of Green and orange bars horisontally..

I am unsure but I think it fried it somehow I tried resetting it and turning it off but no luck. I think it went poof and I am now in the market for Monitors as for some wierd reason nVidia wants to default to some wierd high resolutions that my Projectors dont support..

I had a heck of a time getting surround working. when I enabled surround the resolution was at 1600x1200 for the single monitor luckily I was able to get into Resolution and chnge it and it worked but when I went in to the 3D Wizard it must have zapped something..

I am unsure what to do but I think I am done with buying Projectors till they come out with a higher res and in 3D..

Answers

• The_Nephilim
    Options

well after some doing it appears the slot on the video card is shot?? Not sure what to do about that but at least the projector is OK.. Smiley Wink

I did find out that when I ran the wizard it goes into 1920x1080 rez now I need to find out how I can get it to run in a lower rez during the wizard??

• The_Nephilim
    Options

I found a solution I had to disable the 3D Vision in the Projector and was able to get the screen to appear.. I then modified the registry to enable the 3D vision and voila a Triplescreen setup that works..

Heck and it only took 12 hours to setup Smiley Wink

• The_Nephilim
    Options

OK I need help and Please Someone that know for FACT Chime in

I was with nvidia tech support and it came down to him saying it is the Projectors fault as to whi the resolution is changing to 1920 x 1080 when running nVidias 3D Vision.. and on a side not the Resolution is being selected to the MAX resolution of my Projector during Setup.. Isnt the Native resolution supposed to be picked and is that also a fault of the Projector??

I can NOT contact Acer Support as these are used projectors pretty crappy idea if you ask me I should at least be able to email somebody for questions??

He is passing the buck and just saying the projectors is doing it but I think I know for sure it is NOT.. Please some help me with this hopefully someone from Acer can chime in??

IS the PRojector Setting the Resolution to a Res my Projector Doess NOT Support 1920x1080.. I know this because after I ran the 3D Wizard my screen went Black and I then plugged in a 1080P Monitor and it stated that was the resolution it was running..

I know the INF File tells the Drivers what to do somehow but how is this doing that and the guy did NOt believe me and said it was impossible that the drivers where doing thaty I said it did it..

Well in my Experience Nothing is impossible, Only doable when technology alows..

This discussion has been closed.