No Acer presales contact?

Options
DocTerry
DocTerry Member Posts: 5 New User

I am considering an Acer S7 ultra, but want to swap out the SSD and replace it with a 750 HDD,

I have asked the question on a forum and asked one dealer directly. The answers were helpful, but not really reassuring--mainly because no-one was really sure about warranty or compatibility issues.

So, I tried to find an Acer pre-sales # or email address, but it seems like contact with Acer is limited to Acer purchasers.

This is a deal killer for me, because I can't afford to spend $1,700 based on answers from people who are trying to be helpful, but can't speak with authority.

I've seen other complaints about the lack of Acer pre-sales support, but noone seemed to have found a solution.

Hopefully, someone here can help.

NOTE: I have had all the alternate suggestions; I really want an installed 750 HDD.

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi  Friend,

According to warranty policies, Once you open the laptop cover it will break the warranty stickers and cancel your warranty. May I know where you from ? Then I will be able to find and let you know the closest Acer  Service Point. 

Thanks

• DocTerry
    Options

Lethbridge, Alberta

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Below is the acer contact 

http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/contacts

General Contact Information

Acer America Corporation ( Canada) 

5600 Explorer Drive
    Suite 201
    Mississauga, Ontario
    L4W 4Y1
    Tel: (800) 565-2237 or (905) 755-7570
    Fax: (905) 755-7591

Technical Support, Warranty, Spare Parts and Service

1-866-706-2237

• DocTerry
    Options

While I really do appreciate the help, I've decided that Acer might be too difficult to deal with. I have purchased Asus previously, so I don't think I want to risk a $1700 purchase from a Company like Acer.

regards,

This discussion has been closed.