LATEST Intel Graphics Drivers For Aspire 5745G

osandakj
osandakj Member Posts: 63 Troubleshooter

Hello,

I have installed the latest graphics driver available on the acer support site. But some apps still needs more newer version than it. If i didn't update my vga drivers, I'm unable to run those apps. But I want to run them somehow WITHOUT having problems. I know that the generic intel drivers are not working fine with the customized gpu. But will acer provides newer version of vga drivers or can I run generic intel driver without having troubles?

Please help me in this case as fast as you can.

Thanks a million before!

Best Answer

• osandakj
    Answer ✓

Hello Charitha,

All worked fine because of ur kindly support.

Thank you very much for the remote assistance Smiley Happy

Have a great day!

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi, 

Dear Friend I need some details as per the below,

1) Did you install the NVIDIA Driver properly as well as Intel. 

If you have properly installed NVIDIA Driver , there is a option to RUN your application by using NVIDIA GPU. 

I can explain how to do it , Kindly give your feed back regarding the above question.

Thanks 

• osandakj

Charitha wrote:

Hi, 

Dear Friend I need some details as per the below,

1) Did you install the NVIDIA Driver properly as well as Intel. 

If you have properly installed NVIDIA Driver , there is a option to RUN your application by using NVIDIA GPU. 

I can explain how to do it , Kindly give your feed back regarding the above question.

Thanks 

Hello Charitha,

I didn't installed any drivers but my system automatically installs suitable drivers after the factory reset.

Those are little old and I've reinstalled newer versions from acer support section for my models.

My nVidia driver is working correctly, I can see "Run as graphics processor" option in right click manus and there are 2 options named "Integrated graphics" and "high performance nvidia graphics"

• Charitha

Hi,

According to your laptop model it has GeForce GT 330M graphic processor. Isn't it? Did you run your particular application by right clicking and selecting High performance graphic processor? 

• osandakj

Nop, it has GT 420M. My actual model name is Aspire 5745G-644G50MNKS. Click on my model name to see it's specs. I think it's a customized version or something. BTW I can run any *.exe under "High performance graphic processor" Nothing wrong with it.

But I only have a issue with one app, It always asks me to update intel driver to the latest at startup n If i ignore it, app will be closed. Now all i want to know is what if i install generic Intel HD Graphics driver for intel core processors from their downloadcenter instead of older OEM version available under drivers for my notebook in Acer site.

• Charitha

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Lets solve this Smiley Happy I ll get back to you asap. 

Thanks

• osandakj

You are welcome! Thanks again for the replies bro.

What if i install newer driver from the win 8/8.1 competible system in drivers area? But sadly driver should be latest, so i should use generic version instead of older oem version

• Charitha

Dear Osanda,

Great to here that your one issue is solved... Smiley Happy

• osandakj
    Answer ✓

Hello Charitha,

All worked fine because of ur kindly support.

Thank you very much for the remote assistance Smiley Happy

Have a great day!

• Charitha

Hi Osanda,

You are Wellcome.. Your informations are verymuch help me to  find solutions. Keep in touch.. Will solve the recovery patition issue asap.. Smiley Happy I'll do my best 

Thank You

All The Best 

• osandakj

My Pleasure. I'm always active with community, I help others, Others help me. Thanks!

• Peterwolf
    Peterwolf Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a 5745G purchased in 2010, i5 CPU with a Nvidia GT 330M. It has a manual switch for the graphics between intel & GT330M. No new drivers for this on Acer website since 2010. Have had to turn off Intel graphics in bios to load latest Nvida drivers as old acer drivers were glitchy. (If I didn't turn off the intel graphics I couldn't load the Nvidia graphics.) While the graphics are great battery life is not. Anyone have a fix for this? (Not Optimos but physical switch,)

This discussion has been closed.