This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

UEFI partition/bios?

danlat1415danlat1415 Member Posts: 10
Hi guys, I wiped my Aspire S7-391 and removed all the partitions from the hard drive and created a new partition and installed Windows 8.1 I had set my bios to Legacy to be able to see the hard drive during the Windows installation. Now when I set the bios back to UEFI, it says there is no boot partition and doesn't load windows. When I set it back to Legacy, Windows loads normally. How do I get my Ultrabook back to using UEFI? I'm fine with wiping the PC and reinstalling Windows, I enjoy getting used to using it. Thanks Dan

FAQ & Answers

• CharithaCharitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast

Hi,

Didn't you create acer recovery disk by using 16GB pendirve. If you have  it , use it to restore to the system into factory default. 

Hi,

To install Windows 8.1 , its no need to change bios setting such as secure boot and legacy . Do the below step.

1) Go to the bios and set it into default .

2) Enable F12 boot menu function.

3) Boot from the Windows 8.1 DVD and continue the process.

It is only allow Windows 8/8.1 and  Recovery medias to boot from respect media. We cannot boot from Windows 7 DVD without changing secure boot option. 

Hope this will help you

All the Best

• danlat1415danlat1415 Member Posts: 10

Figured out - for Windows installation to see the hard drive under UEFI you need to load raid drivers when installing Windows.

Sorted now. Thanks

Hi Friend,

Thanks for the feed back, Happy to here that solved yor problem.

Thanks & All the best

• jman7678jman7678 Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, except one more step past it.  I was able to load the drivers during the Windows install.  However, now when trying to select the HDD to install the OS on, it gives me the following error:

'Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.'

Any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online932

apereira11
apereira11
biafranzoi
biafranzoi
billsey
billsey
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
cezkc
cezkc
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
EvidentRecker
EvidentRecker
laurindo
laurindo
MaClane
MaClane
Maia
Maia
MarceloDevia
MarceloDevia
Mbruzzoni1
Mbruzzoni1
Myrso
Myrso
paxal
paxal
realpaulcoleman
realpaulcoleman
Rego130
Rego130
Scottyat5
Scottyat5
SharoFF
SharoFF
Soullikenoother
Soullikenoother
Tiaguivis
Tiaguivis
Vince714
Vince714
WeslenRuiz
WeslenRuiz
+910 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We want to recognize GAMING6698's dedicated efforts in the Acer Community. GAMING6698 has become one of the main collaborators since joining the Community in November of 2019.
On behalf of all our users and the Acer Team, we thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 3371

Total Points:5842

Total Accepted Answers: 294

GAMING6698 Supercomputer Wrangler