acer c710 screen issue

Options
ComputerDumb
ComputerDumb Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey guys, I don't know if this is gonna work but its worth a shot, doesn't anyone know where I can buy a screen(just the screen) for the c710? I don't want to pay $200 to get mine fixed even though its under warranty, and its only worth $250. any suggestions?

Answers

• ctsohio
    ctsohio Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Are you sure it is a dead screen. I purchased a 710 about 3 months ago and the screen went dead in the first week.  I sent it for warranty repair and git it back last week.  I booted it up once and it worked fine.  I did not even move the unit from my desk and the next time I booted up, no screen activity.  The screen was replaced, because I can see that the tech broke the bezel on two sides.  But it did not solve the problem, which is probably a system board issue.  Yours may be the same issue.  I called in today asking for a second return.  This unit has spent much more time in repair that in use.

• ComputerDumb
    ComputerDumb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

the thing about it is that the warranty doesnt cover it. the screen is cracked on the inside. the only way im able to use it now is because i have it hooked up to a tv, and i have contemplated selling it.

This discussion has been closed.