Aspire 4750 laptop,-Shows no USB drive during backup

Options
sckthun
sckthun Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi All,

Anyone knows how to make backup to list showing USB thumb drive via eRecovery backup tools?

My Aspire 4750 laptop, not showing only optical DVD drive was present.

My Thumb drive is 16 GB and confirm working properly, I had try formatted as NTFS or FAT32, unfortunately both file type still not showing in e-Recovery "backup to" list. 

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Sunny

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• Raksawaits77
    Raksawaits77 Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

Options

Hi,

Are you using windows 8 Operating System?

• sckthun
    Options

I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Sunny, there is more than one possible cause of your problem.

If you have changed your operating system, you lost your Acer drivers and the generic drivers you have can't detect your thumb drive.

The thumb drive might be defective, even if does work some of the time.

Go to Search and type in Troubleshooter. Find "Hardware and Sound," and then select "Configure a Device."

Try installing the thumb drive with your computer turned off and then reboot.

For this step, SET A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT FIRST! Go into Computer (or "My Computer") and see if a letter is being used for a network drive. Change that letter and reboot with your thumb drive installed.

Some thumb drives cannot work on a USB3 port, or vice-versa. A USB3 port is either painted blue, has a logo with the number 3, or has four holes. Before trying the next step, try switching to a different type of USB3 port.

SET A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT and go to Control Panel, Hardware Devices, and USB Ports (there are slightly different titles for this). Look for a USB3 port (most USB ports are USB2). Select it and click Uninstall. Then, find "Actions" and scan for new hardware.

Do a deep scan with your antivirus AND do another deep scan on your thumb drive if you can get it to work on another computer.

• sckthun
    Options

Hi Vincent,

Thanks. The OS is come with original Windows 7 64 Bit, not yet reformat. 

I will try your solution.

Thanks.

Best Regards

• sckthun
    Options

Hi Vince,

I had tried but result the same, the problem not due to thumb drive, because is the news one, the problem is from the Acer backup tools in eRecovery Management Software. either perform full factory restoration backup or only Aspire 4750 drive backup, the screen show in the list "Backup To" only found the DVD-ROM drive (D:\), and thumb drive doesn't show. Even in my computer it appears as E drive for the USB thumb device, just the eRecovery software doesn’t show.  

My acer eRecovery management version is 5.01XXX

Formal step backup to USB flash drive as url link below, but my one doesn’t appear any usb drive before or after I slot in my thumb drive.

http://acer-au.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14303

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLSFyvcHuSk

Thanks.

Best Regards,

This discussion has been closed.