Iconia w700 slow on battery

Options
zrakomlatka
zrakomlatka Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi all! I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem? When the tablet is connected to a power source, it works great, but when it's on battery it becomes awfully slow. Can anyone post a solution to that?

Don't know if this will help, but it all started happening after the win 8.1 update.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Ethos
    Ethos Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

U need config. advanced power menu not just those 3 power modes.. u need individually customize within all those 3 modes ..

Answers

• Ethos
    Options

cos microsoft people .. restricted win 8.1 battery settings even more .. u need manually reconfigurate power settings

• zrakomlatka
    Options

Hi, thanks for the reply! I tried to change the power plan, to 'high performance' but that doesn't do anything, it's as slow as ever and horribly annoying.

So, is there something else to do? Because there is not much point in having a tablet that is completely unusable on battery...

• Ethos
    Answer ✓
    Options

U need config. advanced power menu not just those 3 power modes.. u need individually customize within all those 3 modes ..

• zrakomlatka
    Options

I did, it's back to its normal self, yay!^^

• marco1981
    marco1981 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

What did you do step by step to fix that problem with bad performance using battery ? My tablet is with that problem .

• zrakomlatka
    Options

I googled it a bit, and this seems to be the universal solution for everyone.

In power settings, under advanced options, you chose 'Disable' under Intel dynamic platform and thermal framework/low power options.

I changed it for all power plans.

Let me know if it works for you.

• marco1981
    marco1981 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I did that. Now it is working really fine with battery. Thanks.

• MajeStyle
    MajeStyle Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

This did not work for me, even after changing all 3 power modes. I don't have the "intel dynamic etc." menu, but i switched of the PCI Express settings. Stil stuck in that problem

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

If you do not have the Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework option in your power setting, you're probably on the latest 7.xx driver that doesn't make it available. Download the DPTF driver from the Windows 8 section and it should be there. Once you have that option available, proceed to change settings and you'll be able to get your performance back. 

• Ethos
    Options

u googled it ? or I hepled u ? ?!?! Smiley Sad

• MajeStyle
    Options

Well, i was indeed on the 7.xx driver version, but the 6.0-5 that is under the windows 8 section did not add any option in the power settings. Still stuck with that problem...OFC after istallation i rebooted my pc.

• MajeStyle
    Options

just to make u see what's my issue, I'll post a photo of my power options. I wish someone could help me fix this very annoying problem.

Clipboard01.jpg

and here's the expansed menus:

Clipboard01.jpg

• MajeStyle
    Options

I solved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just unistalled the drivers...Cheers!

• zrakomlatka
    Options

You did, but I wasn't sure what exactly was I to do, so.. Smiley Wink

• hperviz94
    hperviz94 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

THANKS SO MUCH! YOU SAVED ME FROM FORMATTING MY PC!

This discussion has been closed.