Acer DA220HQL - Dead spots on touch screen

Options
daderschock
daderschock Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchased a manufacturer refurbished Acer 21.5" Android ARM Cortex A-9 All-in-One Touchscreen PC | DA220HQL ( item: 271283937661 ) The item has dead spots on the touch screen rendering it nearly unusable. I have already tried re-installing th firmware to factory reset.  Does anyone have any other suggetsions? Otherwise I will need to return the product for a replacement. 

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi daderschock!

I think, under the circumstances, it would be best to return it for a replacement/repair. Your DA220HQL appears to have a hardware problem.

• aairon
    aairon Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Hi daderschock!

I suggest that you get a refund if possible rather then a replacment.

I have the same unit

I can't for the life of me figure out what good a 21.5" low spec Tablet that needs to be tethered to AC power to function is.

I consider this a piece of junk gimmick electronics, I can't really even use it as a monitor without jumping through the adroid screen to get to the REAL computer desktop that I have plugged into the HDMI port.

The unit will NOT DEFAULT to hdmi when ther is a HDMI signal available contrary to the statement by one of the so called ACER Technicians here. You have to start in the Android screen and try and try to get the OSD to come up then select HDMI manualy, this can sometimes take ten minutes depending on what mood (not mode) the touch screen is in.

If you can, get your cash back and run away from the ACER tablet vendor cool aid.

This discussion has been closed.