ACER Aspire 5515 will not start, Has a black screen but indicator lights are lit

Options
Private61
Private61 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi,

I have an ACER Aspire 5515 (modal ICL50) that will not start it just sit there doing noting.

The actual problem started as going into user account after entering password then shuts down, soon only allowed booting to safe mode but couldn't do anything without it shutting down again. Now you can power on but sits there with a black screen power and battery indicators lit and hard disk light flashing occasional. Nothing else happens. Any suggestions anyone please?

For Your Info - Originally a VISTA machine but upgraded with a new hard disk and Windows 7 about a year ago. Has been working fine until now otherwise as standard.

Les

Answers

• acerfan
    acerfan Member Posts: 76

Tinkerer

Options

do you see the post screen when it power up??

• Private61
    Options

Hi,

Nothing, just a black screen. As a just in case I tried the function keys to adjust brightness and no change. I've also read that a CMOS reset my have helped, I understand this can be achieved with no ac power and no battery then holding the power button down for 30 seconds, but it did not help either.

• paulwfinance
    paulwfinance Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have exactly the same prolem.  How or have you ever fixed the problem?  I can not start the laptop.  so no way I can get recovered.

• Private61
    Options

Hi,

No solution as yet.

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Private 61, if it powers on, but the splash screen (the opening screen, usually with the Acer logo) does not appear, then the failure is either in your CPU, your BIOS chip, your monitor cable (yes, a laptop does have a monitor cable) or your monitor. I advise you to take it to a repair shop.

With today's lower laptop prices, you might be better off buying another one, so check out prices before the repair shop tells you how much they want.

• Private61
    Options

HI,

Thanks Vince53 and your right and cheap replacement may have to be the best operation (when money allows :-( ). Also what you say makes sense I was just hoping that it was not true.

• Grogs56
    Grogs56 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    It's possible that this issue could be fixed by reflashing the bios...
  • decca591
    decca591 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have a similar problem

press power button, green light comes on for several seconds, quick whirring sound, then off - tried holding power button 30 secs to reset, all other combinations I can think of - it doesnt go into post checks, or fails at first pass, could this be a memory failure ??

What are the first couple of post checks ??

Any help appreciated guys !

Regards

Decca.

• decca591
    decca591 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Further to earlier post, Took covers off, when powering up the fan kicks in for several seconds then the machine just shuts down ?

Any ideas guys ?

Decca

• Boomer27
    Boomer27 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have a Aspire 5252 and when I press the start button, it did the same as your, fan speed a little than stop , battery light

is on but it won't start and the Screen stay black but Now I press the Start button and it won't start but I press again to stop it 3 times and it start and can run for a long time with no problem but when I shut it down, I have to start it 3 times

again to see something on Screen. I don't know what is problems but I change the memory, harddrive, check the CPU but

with no help.

This discussion has been closed.