When will the Acer C720 Chromebook be available in the United Kingdom?

Options
NBachers
NBachers Member Posts: 4 New User

I am interested in when the Acer C720 Chromebook will be available in the UK.  What will the price be; where will it be available?

I've just joined here, for the purpose of asking this question. If I need to post this question some place else, please let me know.

Answers

• bb264
    bb264 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    All I know is Early November
  • bb264
    bb264 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Also will it feature 2gb or 4gb RAM in the UK
  • suniljp
    suniljp Member Posts: 166 Troubleshooter
    Options

Its already available in the UK. You can refer Acer UK website to purchase it. It is shipped with 2 GB RAM and its expandable to 4GB. For detail specification refer the below link.

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model-datasheet/NX.SHEEK.001

• alexlf
    alexlf Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Could you point out where exactly the C720 is available to buy as none of the links on the site lead to anywhere listing it.

• suniljp
    Options

Have you checked with Currys and PC World? Starting late October or early November it will be available for purchase in the mentioned stores.

• NBachers
    Options

At Curry's and PC World websites: Doing a search for Acer C720 Chromebook; and Acer C720, I got the following message:

"Sorry there are no products that match your search criteria

Please try searching again or using our navigation options to find your product."

• NBachers
    Options

And I have to admit, the Acer website is pretty much the most useless, user unfriendly website I've seen.  I can't ever send Acer a question asking them when the C720 will be available.  I defy anyone to go to the Contact Acer webpage: http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

and show me where I can email Acer a question that says, "When will the Acer C720 be available in the UK?"

• alexlf
    Options

Nothing listed as yet. I will employ a little more patients. 

Also would you know if the SSD is upgradable?

Cheers

• suniljp
    Options

Call  acer customer support @ 0870 043 37 94. Check with them if they have any information about the same.

• cfj
    cfj Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I spoke to them today and was told that they haven't been given an official release date yet, all they know is 'november'.
    Gutted the uk release will be 2gb ram. I know you can upgrade it yourself to 4gb but as a non-tech person part of the appeal of chromebook is the ease and simplicity. Guess I'll be back on here in a few weeks time for advice on how to upgrade it!
  • therethere
    therethere Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

the C720 wont be upgradable/expandable. The RAM is soldered.

im also waiting for news on this mather.

Just want a 4GB ram model of the Acer C720 in UK! Like the one it's avaiable on USA.

• alexlf
    Options
    That's frustrating!

I'm guessing the same goes for the 16gb drive too?

Might just try an aspire instead Smiley Sad
  • cfj
    Options
    Very annoying. I'd originally settled on a samsung series 3 and then the new chromebooks were announced so I held off. Any views on whether a 2gb c720 would still be an improvement on the Samsung? I'd assume so but as I said above I'm not a techy. Just wish wish they'd give us a definite date and spec
  • therethere
    Options

from what i know, there will be several models. 

So will be a variant of the acer c720 with 2GB RAM, other with 4GB RAM, other with 16GB SSD, 32 SSD, etc.

The acer c720 that's is selling on the USA have 4GB RAM for example. In europe they're selling with 2GB RAM only dont know why.

• cheese
    cheese Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

This is a really poorly handled product release. It looks like an interesting device in the US but what they seem to be planning in the UK is not the same. I will not be touching with a barge pole. Neither Google or Acer seem to take the UK or European markets seriously.  Get a £100 used model of ebay. This device is not worth the extended wait

• therethere
    Options
  • cfj
    Options

It's now available to pc world. £199 and £20 cashback (although cashback is currently available on all chromebooks). I've taken the plunge and ordered one.

• fr45er
    fr45er Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanks for the heads-up,  just ordered also.  Was at the point of ordering the HP 11 from amazon which is at 199 on amazon.co.uk today,  but read your post :-)

20 pounds cashback and 1.5% quidco

• therethere
    Options

4GB RAM model available at pc world? anyone knows?

• cfj
    Options

Its the 2gb RAM. Specs say "2GB DDR3 (4GB maximum installable RAM)" which seems to imply that you could increase it? Guess we'll see in the coming weeks as people start tinkering.

This discussion has been closed.