M5-583P and Win 8.1 upgrade issues

Options
protoclown
protoclown Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently upgraded my M5-583P to Win 8.1 and am having issues with a few things:

1) In my device manager, I now have an "Unknown Device" under "Other devices".  I've installed all the Win 8.1 drivers available on the acer website but it still didn't fix it.  Everything seems to be working and I don't see any obvious hardware missing from the list that could help determine what it is.

2) I no longer have the "Dolby Digital" applet in the notificaion area.  I uninstalled the audio drivers and re-installed them and still nothing.  I noticed there were a few different in subfolders of the audio drivers that had "DolbyAdvancedAudio" and "DolbyHomeTheater" programs as well as "DolbyDigitalPlusAA" and "DolbyDigitalPlusHT" but have no idea which one(s) are for my particular laptop.  I am rather surpirzed the audio drive didn't automatically install the correct one(s).  Any idea which should be installed?  I tried them all, but there appears to be a certain order they have to be installed in to work.

Answers

• aelsharawi
    aelsharawi Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have similar issue with my sound driver after windows 8.1 upgrade:

the MICrophone dosnt work when you resume your system after standby.

what produce the issue:

resuming from standby

what reoloves the issue:

restarting windows

or uninstalling the acer sound driver and letting windows install its own native drivers.

What versions of software you use:

as of April 12 ,2014 Installed the newst sound driver for windows 8.1 and the latest BIOS "2.25"

hope this info amke a genius engineer to help us

• aelsharawi
    aelsharawi Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

To prove that there was a REAL BUG;

The issue resolved by:

disabling the mic effects from realtech controlpanel

Screenshot 2014-04-19 20.45.43.png

another thing I did : uninstall the driver (from unistall a program) then rt click on the device manager audio and point to the reatec folder and let windows auto install the driver by itself(dont belive this has a great impact ,but wish to share all what I did)

PS:

the Acer launch manger version on acer website "EVEN IT IS UPDATED TO 04/15/2014" the only version that worked was the one from "recovery" that is supposed to be for windows 8 !!!

===

now I have to declare thatthere is  SOMETHING wrong with ACER porilcy for handling bug reprts ,especillay for this pretty new laptop,I Wonder what will happen one year from now ,I will sell this laptop as soon as I can ,and WILL NOT BUY AN ACER LAPTOP ANYMORE Smiley Sad

This discussion has been closed.