ACER ASPIRE 7750G/AMD RADEON HD 6650M/Windows 8.1

Stedro
Stedro Member Posts: 1 New User

No reliable driver on windows 8.1 for the AMD RADEON HD 6650M. Acer plans to further support the configuration on the 7750G? Will a driver for 8.1 arrive soon? I've tried all sorts of driver versions but the screen keeps flickering! When I try the driver version from the support page the flickering stops but I can't play videos of any kind! Solutions? Thanks!

Answers

• PhilB
    PhilB Member Posts: 4 New User

Dont think there are any solutions yet Stedro, have the same problem here with a 7720G and nvidia GeForce 8400M grafix for which I need the extended desktop but with only basic windows 8.1 display available not good! managed to get the Raltec HD audio all up and running with a 64 bit asus 8.1 realtec driver but still no luck with the grafix or crystal eye webcam, I just wish acer would pull their finger out and get things sorted they are miles behind Asus that have most of the windows 8/8.1 drivers out already! acer still havnt sorted out some of the windows 7 conflicts?

Fingers crossed.

• waleedarshad
    waleedarshad Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi! I also had the problem with the flickering screen.  This is how i I solved my problem (i read this somewhere on the net):

(i)   Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager),

(ii)  Click on Display Adapters and then right click on AMD Radeon HD 6650M,

(iii) Click Update Driver Software then Browse my computer for driver software,

(iv) Then choose Let me pick a list of device drivers on my computer,

(v) Choose the model AMD Radeon HD 6650M (not the 6000M and 6700M Series).

This method also helped me restore Wi-Fi connectivity.

Hope this helps!

• kylevs87
    kylevs87 Member Posts: 1 New User

MAY I BUMP THIS POST. 

THE AMD DRIVERS ARE BECOMMING A REAL PAIN IN THE BACKSIDE.

I FEEL ACER HAVE DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE AGAIN, BIG TIME....

• josipfilipovic
    josipfilipovic Member Posts: 2 New User

No reliable driver for enything on my Acer Aspire 7750G...I have win 8.1 64-bit and when I go to the store or any other app my screen always flickering and sometimes screen be just black in some apps...everything is up to date and i dont now what is problem with that...thanks and try to fix this problem 

• josipfilipovic
    josipfilipovic Member Posts: 2 New User

dude acer let us down...thanks acer

This discussion has been closed.