BT Home hub 4 issue

Options
apollouk
apollouk Member Posts: 7 New User

May be some one has a solution - I've just upgraded to the latest homehub 4 from BT and their is an issue with wireless as I've checked on their forum.

I have an Aspire E1-571 which I upgraded the Broadcom drivers and it was working brilliantly on homehub 3 but since I've changed now pages are considerably slower to load. I also have an Aspire One 722 netbook and its working perfect and showing no slowness!!

Anyone have ideas that maybe my settings on the E1-571 may need changing or something as its really annoying, I wish i had'nt returned the Homehub 3!!!

Answers

• steviejay
    steviejay Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Disable the 5GHz wireless on the HH4.

This resolves my wireless issues with BCM4357 on my Aspire 5742 (7x64). Driver 5.100.235.19

Simply setting the HH4 to factory default solved my problem with Acer Aspire One D260 running Win 8.1 Preview.

• steviejay
    steviejay Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

This temporarily resolved the issue, not permanently. I have since replaced the Broadcom Wifi card for an Atheros (AR5B125) one and the problem appears to have gone away.

• apollouk
    apollouk Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Well I'm back to square one as I upgraded to windows 8.1 and that has slowed everything down!

This discussion has been closed.