Very bad micro-sound using bluetooth on Liquid S1

CAD-Trainer
CAD-Trainer Member Posts: 1 New User

After ten years of using the same mobile, I decided to buy a brand new ACER Liquid S1 Duo.

My experience after 3 days:

This phablet is great, except the sound-quality of the microphone using a bluetooth headset. I tried different headsets on different phones. The conclusion is that the failure is located in the Liquid S1. (Software tests are my profession – normally CAD-software. So I know how to localize a failure.) Since I know that other manufacturers have also problems with the same issue, I want to ask, what kind of problem is it? Software or hardware?

If the hardware is defect, I will send it back to where I bought it.

If there’s a software-bug, I will try to ask for a patch. (Updates on the phone have already been made.)

But if it’s my own failure and I only have to change any settings, than I will be very glad, because I can use my new ACER right now- in the moment I use my old SAMSUNG again – and don’t have to invest more time in testing. I had two days to know what’s going wrong!

It would be very helpfully for me, if anyone could tell me that he or she got also problems with bleutooth headsets or not.

Thanks in advance

CAD-Trainer

Answers

• odwwiltink
    odwwiltink Member Posts: 4 New User

I have the same problem with the acer liquid s1 duo.

It give in 80% of the conversations with bluetooth a crackling sound. I have tried different bluetooth headsets, also the jabra motion but the problem remains the same.

Luckily I could get a refund for the jabra headset.

Acer please fix this.

• odwwiltink

Probably it had to do with a program called voicepro (with add on to record telephone calls) that when removed, the problem disappeared.

I am testing with reinstalling it and setting the input select to bluetooth. Before i had set the input select to microfoon.

• odwwiltink

The microfone sound with a bluetooth headset, is still terrible, even after uninstalling the above mentioned program.

problem still excist, so the fault is in the acer software or hardware.

• son197
    son197 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem with my Liquid E2 Duo in combination with the Volkswagen Touch Bluetooth adapter in my car. I have reported it to Acer Support in the Netherlands, but they could not give me a solution. They just promised to forward the issue to the engineering department.

I am considering to buy a new smartphone and I have been looking at the S1, but now I am shocked to read that it has the same problem. Come on Acer, how difficult is Bluetooth? It's been around long enough.

Or maybe it's just a defect in my phone and I need to get it repaired, but then tell me please.

Andre

• odwwiltink

Hello, the latest firmware that i have installed on my acer liquid s1 duo about a week ago, solved the problem with the crackling microphone sound. I use it with a sennheiser vmx 200 serie 2 bluetooth in ear system.

Now it works good.No more problems.

This discussion has been closed.