How can I get out from Iconia A1-810 DEMO Mode?

wirat_tiger
wirat_tiger Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

@my fault, I've press the demo mode in the "system recovery" and can not getout.

Every time A1 play the demonstration video even I reboot or push the hard reset button.

Help me please, I don't need to do the factory reset.

Too many application that should be restore.  It have too many application that should be restore.

Best Answer

• Khan_Riyas
    Khan_Riyas Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Please follow the below mentioned procedure to disable Demo Mode in Acer Iconia Tablets.

Tap on Apps in home screen – SettingsStorageInternal StorageApps – Scroll down and Identify “Demo Video Application” under the apps list  .

Tap on Clear Cache and tab on “Disable”, Ignore the warning message.

Note: Cust may see the “Demo mode”  icon in the homescreen, however it wont bringup Demo Video

Regards

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]Khan

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Where did you purchase your A1-810? Can you please reply to this message with your serial number and OS version number, so we can better assist?

• Blayn-Acer

After further researching this issue, it appears the only way to get out of the Demo mode is to perform a factory data reset. I apologize for any inconvenience?

• wirat_tiger
    wirat_tiger Member Posts: 4 New User

Thank you very much. I'm already do the factory reset and still re-install my son's application.

Best Regards,

• Khan_Riyas
    Khan_Riyas Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Please follow the below mentioned procedure to disable Demo Mode in Acer Iconia Tablets.

Tap on Apps in home screen – SettingsStorageInternal StorageApps – Scroll down and Identify “Demo Video Application” under the apps list  .

Note: Cust may see the “Demo mode”  icon in the homescreen, however it wont bringup Demo Video

Regards

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]Khan

• smasocco
    smasocco Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you.  That was the most annoying app on any device ever!

• Ysidro1
    Ysidro1 Member Posts: 6 New User

How about a way to deleting the "Demo mode" in the left bottom panel after completing all the other steps?

• hosam
    hosam Member Posts: 1 New User

But how i unlock the (security setting) it's locked also the vpn,,,And i'm asking is it harning the battery??  I hope to replay,, and get help.

• THANKFUL
    THANKFUL Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi  I am SO happy for your suggestion   So far so good no demo sound interruption and thats good enough for me(SMILINGLY SAID)  THANK YOU

• Fitton25
    Fitton25 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I did the same thing and unfortunately a factory reset is the only way to revert it to normal.

Even when you disable the video some of the settings remain so they cannot be changed for example screen timeout.
  • Chrichri_Shanti
    Chrichri_Shanti Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank u so much it really help but how can I remove the Acer mode labelling in the right corner 

• Jason612
    Jason612 Member Posts: 1 New User

There has to be another way to get out of demo mode.  It would be very inconvenient for me to do a factory reset.  Please look into this further and reply.  Thank you.

• Remo
    Remo Member Posts: 22 New User
    You could hold power on and volume up when turning the tablet on. I can get my tablet into demo mode through that
  • Remo
    Remo Member Posts: 22 New User
    It might work to get it out
  • nana1
    nana1 Member Posts: 1 New User
  • Blayn-Acer

A previous user posted these instructions:

------------------------------------------------------------

• KronwarsCZ
    KronwarsCZ Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

On my Liquid z530 I turned it off by switching in recovery "switch to demo mode" again.

• jehrm
    jehrm Member Posts: 2 New User
    How about for Acer Liquid Z630? I also accidentally selected the demo mode on system recovery. I already tried to disable the app. But it doesn't work. 
  • jehrm
    jehrm Member Posts: 2 New User
    There is "DEMO MODE" showing at the lower right part of the screen.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    You should be able to go back into recovery and switch it off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • igmarshfrance
    igmarshfrance Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have an ACER Iconia 7 B1-780. I share the same experience as posted below.
    After a hard reboot, the device got stuck in Demo Mode. This tablet runs on Android 6.
    the path to the demo mode app is:
    settings>Apps>menu top right = 3 x vertical bullet points>show system (otherwise you can't get to Demo Video)>Disable button.
    Also, the device often refuses to start up normally after going into sleep mode = the screen is stuck in black. I have to attempt a hard reboot
    (power button + up volume) to get the device to react. After much frustration, I press down on power button again on a count of 6 sec. Releavingly, the tablet starts up.
    Finally, I find the device so often sluggish in response to commands...  is this to be expected since the model only sports 1G RAM ???
    Thanks for your feedback.