Installing windows 7 on an aspire E1-522

buzzer141
buzzer141 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi , Can  windows 7  be installed  on an Aspire E1-522  ?? I tried a few times and windows 8  seems to block process and I can't complete the downgrade. Anybody have this problem? Thanks Regards Guy.

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Buzzer, please don't do this to yourself. While Windows 8 can run on a Windows 7 machine, the reverse is not true. Plus, you are going to delete your drivers and your recovery partition.

Here's a better idea, and it won't cost you anything:

1) On the Windows 8 Start Page, drag the Desktop tile to the top left corner. Now, you only have to click Enter to go to the Desktop.

2) From the Desktop, go online and download the free Classic Shell program. This will give you a Start Button that will make your machine run as easily as Windows 7.

• buzzer141

Hi,

I installed windows 7 finally and found all drivers except one ( usb controller is still missing driver). I like your idea though and if I can't find the driver , I will start over with windows 8 even if I hate how it works. Thanks Regards Guy.

• buzzer141

Hi, Anybody find the correct driver for usb controller on an Aspire E1-522 ? I downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7 and am missing this driver. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks Regards Guy.

• Smurk
    Smurk Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter

Look on Intel´s website, it´s probably Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver - choose correct OS and chipset serie.

@Vince53 did´t you rather mean "Don´t do this to me..."

• buzzer141

Hi, Aspire is on AMD A4 Quad Core. Is the usb controller from Intel????? chipset is from AMD...

• Smurk
    Smurk Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter

Oh, then you´ll have to get it from AMD.

When installing Windows 7 on this Aspire R7 the USB 3.0 controller driver was also missing, and it was Intel.

• tregeze
    tregeze Member Posts: 2 New User

where did you downloaded drivers for E1-522 for windows 7 i cant find them?

[edited for privacy]

• Compu-Medics
    Compu-Medics Member Posts: 4 New User

Was anyone ever able to locate that Windows 7 USB 3.0 driver for the E1-522?  I did the same downgrade, and with some work, I managed to find all of the others. 

Thanks in advance!

• hurgazoid
    hurgazoid Member Posts: 1 New User

PLEASE tell where to find the win7 driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant use my laptop since i deleted the image on the harddisc..... many people are interested.... PLEASE!!! thanks & kr michael

• therks
    therks Member Posts: 5 New User

I've also tried downgrading to Windows 7 and I believe my tech has found drivers for everything except the wireless device. If you could let me know what driver you're using for that I will find out what driver I have for the USB controller.

• buzzer141

Hi,

I re installed windows 8 in that laptop but if I remember, the first wireless driver on Acer's web site for windows 8 worked when I installed windows 7. Hope it works out for you . Regards Guy.

• therks
    therks Member Posts: 5 New User

Thanks buzzer, I'll give that a try.

• ruhath
    ruhath Member Posts: 2 New User

Iam not getting usb driver plz help me how to downlode it.Model number is Aser Aspire E1-522

• ruhath
    ruhath Member Posts: 2 New User

Iam not getting usb driver plz help me how to downlode it.Model number is Aser Aspire E1-522

• daniel000
    daniel000 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi just wondering if anyone is able to provide me with a link to the windows 7 drivers?

• buzzer141

Hi, 

Acer.com took the drivers for windows 7 off the site and only offer windows 8 drivers??. Acer .ca is down this morning so I can't check... Unless you know somebody with the recovery disk for your windows 7 system , then you'll have to buy a recovery iso disk on the internet for about 20 dollars and save yourself a lot of time and grief. Good luck.

• genomax
    genomax Member Posts: 2 New User

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-12_win7_win8_32-64_sb.exe i downloaded this and work for usb 3.0

• genomax
    genomax Member Posts: 2 New User

http://dl.free.fr/qxW1cX56i this work with smbus let me know if work for you pls

• buzzer141

Hi, I sold the laptop so I can't test your solutions. Thanks Regards Guy

This discussion has been closed.