Bluetooth issues with S7-392 and Windows 8,1

Options
elkstreet
elkstreet Member Posts: 8 New User

I have upgraded to Win 8.1 with my Aspire S7-392. I am having bluetooth issues. I can see the BT device (a GPS receiver) and I can pair with it. But after about 15 or 20 seconds it disconnects. Same thing happens with my Nokia Lumia 1020 when I pair it.

My Microsoft BT mouse pairs properly and stays connected.

Any ideas?

Answers

• alicepattinson
    alicepattinson Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter
    Options

That's a bit weird. Have you checked if your bluetooth driver is up to date?

• elkstreet
    elkstreet Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Most current driver on Acer support page. Acer's response is "Windows 8.1 is not out yet".

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

release for Win8.1 is Oct 18th  and probably see any needed update drivers after then

• AspireS7392
    AspireS7392 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I've had issues with 8.1 playing nice with Intel Wireless Bluetooth installed in my S7-392. Finally turned it off and am waiting for Intel to update the driver (latest one is 4/15/2013). Acer is no help as they won't support Windows 8.1. I'm now working w/ Microsoft and will see what they can find. Might try looking at your event file (use search swipe in from right side) to see if it leads you to the root cause of the conflicts... I've posted on Acer Community and am waiting for others smarter than me to help... I tried restoring to Win 8.0 and updating to 8.1 a second time with similar issues. I've disabled all non-Windows services. Another conflict I've found is with Acer's OfficeAddin2003.dll which isn't supported in 8.1. I've uninstalled it, too. No major crashes since, but I'm not happy I can't use Bluetooth, especially since Acer hogs one slot with their proprietary connector and you have to spend $45 for an adapter...

This discussion has been closed.