H5360 projector will not power on

pewmlg1
pewmlg1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
I am getting white pixels started about I month ago, since then I have several more, thought it might time to replace the lamp, I have almost 4500hrs on lamp. I ordered and installed new lamp, I used canned air to blow-out any dust. Now unit will not power on. When I press the "on" button, the blue light will come on for about 4 or 5 seconds then go back to red. Is this like the Xbox, red eye of death.

Answers

• The_Nephilim
    The_Nephilim Member Posts: 53 New User

Hi, Did you reset the Lamp hours. on Mine I had a reset the hours before I could get it too power on??

• pewmlg1

I can not get to come on to do a lamp reset, the blue light will only stay on for less then 5 seconds, then shuts down.

• Spyck
    Spyck Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I ve got the same problem, led goes blue few sec,, then Red again.

Did you find a solution ?

I search info everywhere, some talk about a Reset button, but i don't find it... but i doubt it exist.

Hope you have find a way to restart your H5360 :/

• pewmlg1

I had to re-seat the lamp then it powered on.  But it was not the only problem I had with the projector, the part that will fix my  projector cost $15.99, but Acer wanted $249.99 plus shipping to repair.  I have or had 3 Acer Laptops and 2 Acer tablets with no problems. I am currently searching for a new projector and I will not purchase an Acer due to their high repair cost. Good luck with yours my friend  

• danyboy
    danyboy Member Posts: 1 New User

Anyone else find a solution to this exact problem? To reseat the original and new bulb, but that didn't work. I would hate to buy a new projector if this one can be repaired for a reasonable cost. 

• kenmya
    kenmya Member Posts: 4 New User

How do I reset the Acer lamp hours?

• cazinho
    cazinho Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi every1,

finally i found some1 w/ the same problem:

After replacing the bulb-module, starting the projector would end w/ a short 'lightshow' from red-to-blue-and-back-to-red. WITHOUT any other components starting: NO FanTurning, NO ColourWheel-Spinning and certainly NO bulb-illumination.

As i have seen this issue exists quite a while - yet there's been no attempt providing a solution or at least a hint. Is this lack of similiar experiences or ignorance ? Sorry. Gentlemen of the Mods-Section, please give it a try to solve this issue.

One remark respectively question i still would like to add: In former posts w/ similiar issues there has been mentioned some sort of 'safety/security switch' in or on the bulb-module or the whole case to prevent the bulb from being powered up. Is this just rumours or is this a profound and true statement ? Looking forward to receiving ANY reply-post from anybody. Happy New Year.

Regards from Germany.

My pleazure,

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

• kenmya

Has anyone four a resource that can fix to this problem. Or, is there a fix to this projector problem. This is my second bulb!

• kenmya

I tried to call ACER resources about this problem. Since it is not one of their current units, they don't care anymore. What a lousy experience.

• OhHaiMark
    OhHaiMark Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2018
    I think I figured it out!!!!! At least this worked for me, I have literally been searching the entire web a solution to all the above stated problems.. When putting the wires back on for the lamp, try reversing them, must be a specific connection I guess! I am soo stoked right now beyond belief!
  • gulaz
    gulaz Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issue.

The problem is, that you need to switch the projector on WITHOUT signal cable plugged in!!!
    When I uplugged the HDMI, the projector switched on. Then I reset the lamp hours, switched off, plugged in HDMI and switched on.
  • TimRand
    TimRand Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2018
    Red Light Error...

My H6510BD Projector fell off a wooden stand twice, and crashed 3 feet to the hard tile floor.  It warped the plastic box a little, but the projector kept working for 6 more months.  Then one day the lamp wouldn't light up, and I got the Red Light error where the projector says "Lamp".  I thought it odd because the lamp only had 1500 hours out of the 4000 hours it's supposed to get, but got a replacement lamp off eBay anyways.

The replacement lamp wouldn't light up either!  So, I put the old lamp back in since the lamp wasn't the issue.  In taking the lid off, back on, off again, and back on again I noticed that there was a Push-In Sensor on the lid.  Well, since the projector fell on the tile floor that lid has always been warped.  So, I straightend out the plastic lid better and squeezed in place the best I could.  Finally, the lid fit in like new again.  Sure enough, the old lamp finally lit up!

So yes...……  If your Projector is getting a Red Light Error and you still have issues even after replacing the lamp it might not be the Lamp at all....  It could be as simple as a loose lid not pushing down the sensor lid tight enough.

PS:  Still never got the new replacement Lamp from eBay to work, so I'll be shipping it back.  But, my old lamp is working like new again and at 1500 hours I might actually get to 4000 hours after all.
  • UKW
    UKW Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had a Red/Blue error suggesting a colour wheel fault. Lifting the lid, there was a little dust on the fan and on the colour wheel position sensor, so I carefully vacuumed it off. The projector works well again and hope this helps if anyone has the same.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Good to know. Thanks for the info.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.