Air bubbles in display W700

Options
2»

Answers

• nabilh2020
    nabilh2020 Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

I got the bubbles just after a month of use.

Mine was purchased on 2nd June 2014.

My thought is that it is due to the glue not holding when the Tablet heats up.

As a result, I got it sent back for Repair under warranty.

They will replace the screen, but I hope it has a better quality glue that can withstand heat, like most good tablets do.

Acer W700, Intel I3, 64 GB RAM model.

On a side note, very dissapointed that W700 does not have an SDHC/SDXC card slot.

As I have the W500 model as well which I was reluctant to sell, as SD Card is important for some work I do, like running a Linux distro or Android x86 from sdcard. I also upgraded the SSD to 128 GB for the W500.

I think this might be the stupid marketing reason they removed the sdcard slot from the W700, to discourage running other OSes from sdcard.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

nabilh2020 wrote:
    I think this might be the stupid marketing reason they removed thesdcard slot from the W700, to discourage running other OSes fromsdcard.

Well, of course, if you have a USB slot, you have the equivalent of an SD slot. not that that helps much with the newer chipsets. Between the UEFI boot and fanless designs it's tough to actually run a different OS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nabilh2020
    nabilh2020 Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

billsey

sdcard is more convenient than usb, as it is internal, and in this case there is only one usb slot, which is another dumb decision, so one needs a usb3 hub,

as I said, I will use the W700 only with windows 8 (unless I decide to expand to a bigger ssd)

and W500 for the rest.

incidentally, i could run any O/S I wanted on W700  from usb using legacy boot and usb3 hub, so one can, however this does not work properly (very flaky) with sdcard2usb3 adpater.

• mogibaq
    mogibaq Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Same problem (near firefox) for me and out of warrenty for a month. Plase help

IMG_1932.JPG 

• AAComputers
    AAComputers Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    For the second try, to finish the Job, all Bubbles are gone now. Using the method I have mentioned before.