Can't reverse two finger scroll setting on M5-481PT

Options
ccs6
ccs6 Member Posts: 1 New User

Just got a M5-481PT with Windows 8 and having trouble changing the multi-touch scroll settings. Only option available to me is a check box to 'Enable' multi-finger scrolling. But what I'd like to do is invert the scroll directions. It is an Elan Smart-Pad and the current driver is PS/2-X64 11.6.19.204_WHQL. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Answers

• extrajay
    extrajay Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the same problem on the same laptop.

I updated the ELAN driver and the new version doesn't have the option to de-select the Reverse scrolling option.

It is written and checked, but it is greyed out and you can't change the setting.

Anyone knows why?

And how can we change to normal scrolling?

Thanks.

• JohnDee
    JohnDee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I'm having the same problem with an Aspire V5-571P.  Not only can I not change the reverse but also "Inertia Scrolling" is on and I can't turn it off.  I just updated to the newest Elan driver offered on Acer's download page.  The options can be changed in single-finger scrolling but not in multi-finger and I prefer to have single-finger turned off.  Any help out there with this?

• dz20
    dz20 Member Posts: 35

Tinkerer

Options

I had the same problem with my s7. I just ended up just going back to the previous driver and it worked with no issues.

This discussion has been closed.