Password after Easystore H430 reset

Options
big2mouth
big2mouth Member Posts: 1 New User

I had to pressed the reset button and use the factory recovery CD to do a recovery. After the CD performed the system image restore and reboot. It kept complaining "Server not found". I rebooted Easystore as well as the PC and re-ran the recovery software but it still said "server not found". However, I found Easystore from my router (by showing the attaching devices) using IP 192.168.1.14 and has the host name "aspirehome". However, when I tried to connect to it either through remote desktop or web UI it always asked for user name and password. I tried the one I used before but it didn't work. What could this password be, or how should I handle this situation? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Fletcher-Acer
    Fletcher-Acer VIP Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello All,

According to what you wrote the Easystore completed the recovery process. If this is true, the Easystore must be re-set just like it came out the box. Please disconnect all external HDD and USB drive form Easystore.  I not please follow the instructions below to restore your system:

Uninstall the Acer Aspire easyStore Series and Windows Home Server Connector from your computer.

Recover the home server.

(1) Hold down the power button for 4 seconds to turn off the home server.

(2) Press the power button to turn it on.

(3) Turn the system around so that you have access to the back of the unit.

(4) Insert the end of an unfolded paperclip into the opening, and then press and hold the recovery/reset button with the paperclip end.

7 Click Next.

RECOVERY MODE SELECTION:

Server Recovery: Use this option to recover from a system failure. You will lose your system setting and users accouncts.Data recovery will be attempted.[Recommended]

FACTORY RESET: Use this option to restore factory defaults. All your data and setting will be erased.

Click Next and follow all onscreen instructions until you finish recovery process.

This discussion has been closed.