Aspire E1-531 Laptop

alex98me
alex98me Member Posts: 11 New User

I got an acer aspire e1-531 a few months ago and i had an issue since the begining.

It seems that my internet conection through wifi can only be posible in a range of 2~3 meters.

I got good signal even in larger distances,but the conection itseft is so,so slow. 

Has someone occured to this in the past? I think i have the latest drivers,but ill try and install them again if its advised.

Answers

• alex98me

-bump-

A better explanation:

-I'm 1 meter away from router,all signal lines,good conection.

-I'm 4-5 meters away from router,all singal lines,poor conection.

• alex98me

I've seen that this problem is occured on aspire r7 too.

Changing the adapter will help?

A also though of a mini dongle like this.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321023374826?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• alex98me

Can someone help me? 

i've seen 2 -3 thread here about the same issue ,but no fix in there.

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Alex, I'll try to help. There are several versions of the Aspire E1-531. Can you give us the entire model number?

• alex98me

B6906G1TMaks

• Vince53

Well, we know that you have an obscure model. Is Linux your original operating system? Have you changed your operating system?

• alex98me

I curently use win 7 64

• Vince53

Alex, my pastor is a technical geek, and he offers this solution. Our church is three stories tall with the Wi-fi on the roof. In the auditorium, he can move around freely and get a strong signal. One of his sons, with a cheaper unit, has to stay by the modem, and he still gets a very slow system. His other sin, with an even cheaper unit, can't get anything.

Your rig has a wireless card or connector somewhere. It might simply be cheap, or it might be defective. But that is probably where your problem lies.

And back to my question: Is Windows 7 your original operating system?

• alex98me

Yea,it came with linux. I've seen several threads about this laptop with the same wifu issue.

Changing the antena will fix something?

• Vince53

Alex, I think you have either a cheap or a defective wireless antenna. That's why so many other identical models are having the same problem. If you were close to a strong signal, your Wi-fi would speed up.

Remembering that you can buy a new laptop for about $200, see what a repair shop will charge you for a better antenna.

• alex98me

Can you tell me what model/brand of antenas will fit?

This discussion has been closed.