Help! Please! Aspire one D250-1990

Options
lakinbella12
lakinbella12 Member Posts: 1 New User

I HAVE THE ASPIRE ONE KAV60, I PURCHASED IT AUGUST 25, 2009 FROM IVY TECH SELLERSBURG. I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING IT TO LOAD. I GET PASSED THE INITIAL ACER LOGO THEN A BLACK SCREEN. AT THE BOTTOM IT SAYS RESUMING WINDOWS, A LOT OF LINES, THEN "FOR TROUBLESHOOTING AND ADVANCED STARTUP OPTIONS FOR WINDOWS,PRESS F8. WELL, I TRIED TO DO THAT AND NOTHING HAPPENS. I TRIED TO RETURN TO FACTORY SETTINGS BY PRESSING F2 AT STARTUP AND IT ASKED FOR A PASSWORD THAT I DON'T HAVE. I EVEN WENT TO YOUR E RECOVERY AND APPARENTLY THERE ISN'T A DISK FOR THE MODEL THAT I HAVE. SO! WHAT DO I DO NOW! I PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR THIS COMPUTER AND WOULD LIKE TO USE IT AGAIN. HELP PLEASE!!!!                       

ASPIRE ONE SERIES NOTEBOOK PC

MODEL #: Aspire One D250-1990

Date of purchase: August 25, 2009

Place of purchase: Ivy Tech, Sellersburg, In. 47172

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Jessica, I'm sorry, but if it goes to the Acer screen and no farther, then your hard drive has failed. Your netbook contains a ROM (Read Only Memory) chip that contains the logo and the BIOS. This chip is independent of your hard drive. The chip is trying to start your hard drive and cannot. It is then trying to send you to different areas of your hard drive and cannot. Your hard drive has failed.

If a repair shop puts in another hard drive, they will have a hard time replacing the drivers that came with this one. When it was brand new, four years ago, it cost about $250. It is probably not worth the cost of repair. For the same price, you can buy a much more powerful laptop today.

This discussion has been closed.