Can not disable secure boot mood?

Options
lostse7en
lostse7en Member Posts: 2 New User
Need help! I have an Acer laptop running bios Insydeh20 Rev 3.7 I'm trying to install Windows 7 and I keep getting an x(what ever drive I choose ((usb fdd, dvd drive)) cannot boot with current security policy. So after researching I find that I need to disable the secure boot mode but it is greyed(black instead of blue) out. And yes I have set a supervisor password. Any idea's?

Answers

• s3_bordz
    s3_bordz Member Posts: 23 New User
    Options

you can try resetting the cmos battery...to go back into the factory settings....

• lostse7en
    lostse7en Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It was at factory settings but thank you for the suggestion. I was able to fix the problem by changing the bios mode from eufi to legacy bios despite the secure boot settings
  • ferg8209
    ferg8209 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Did you ever find a solution for this problem? I can't seem to be able to highlight Secure Boot Mode as an option. Also, I do not have the UEFI option in Settings/Advanced Options. 

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Options

In order to change the secure boot setting, you need to set a supervisor password.
    Once password is set, secure boot setting will no longer be greyed out. Disable.
    Switch UEFI to legacy and save. Now enter BIOS again and clear the supervisor password.
    For more details, search the forum. All the info you need is here.

This discussion has been closed.