Liquid e2 battery PROBLEM

Options
ca4ya
ca4ya Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello.

I own a Liquid e2 (V370) with the Android 4.2.1 kernel 3.4.5

I recieved a new battery (2000mAh) yesterday.

I charged for about 8hrs and saw the 'blue' light, so the battery was fully charged.

Now, after 44mns, i have 92% left. There are no apps open, no gps, no wifi, ...

... and I did nothing with the device.

They gave me a new battery but the problem is not solved.

I must recharge after 4hrs.

Maybe it's a problem with the software.

Can someone give me a solution?

Thx !

Answers

• maxim
    maxim Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    did you charge your battery the first time for 8 hours long? you can find this information in the manuel that is given with your phone and you can also download free and paid apps that help to keep your battery alive for a longer time or root your liquid e2 and use another ROM so you can drain your processor capacities for a time i also advise you to check your battery status and performances in the settings menu
    maxim
  • ca4ya
    ca4ya Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I brought it back to the store and the'll send it to Acer....

After a lot of research, i think the problem is the newest Android which gives a conflict with the firmware of Acer.

.....to be continued. :-)

Pfff, I bought the phone on 14-6-2013 and still not used....

• Kasper
    Kasper Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    So, what happened with your battery?
    I Also have a battery problem, however, my problem is that I charges super slow. Last night, before going to bed, I put the charger cable in the phone. The battery was at 19% . When I got out of bed, 8 hours later, the phone was still not fully charged! (94%). I have not had a phone before that charges so slowly - is this a malfunctioning battery/charger? If it takes more than 8 hours to charge, I'm never going to have a full battery...
  • Piet
    Piet Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options

This could be part of the way that Android handles the charging process. I have a 4.1.2 phone that charges until the phone reaches 100% and then switches off until the phone is just above 90% and then start to charge again. This avoids that the battery is over charged and greatly increases battery life. It also allows you to keep it plugged into the charger for any length of time.

• WillL
    WillL Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Blue light does not mean phone is fully charged. I suggest that next time you check the percentage before worrying about the battery life, you will probably find it is 92-98%.
  • esquecido
    esquecido Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have exactly the same problem.

I use the phone a lot, Whatsapp, Browsing, Facebook app, 1-2h daily talk, and about 25-50 daily text messages.

I have to recharge my phone everyday, sometimes twice a day.

Should I buy a new battery (which is new, with only 2.5 months) or does everyone else experience that the battery in an Acer Liquid E2 Duo doesn't last much?

• dyamant2005
    dyamant2005 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I got the same problem , the fact is that right after i charge it my battery goes to 99 and than 98 percent  actualy if I really use my phone i need to charge it 2 times a day and a normal full charge takes around 3 hours or more in my case 

This discussion has been closed.