No hibernate option - W510

Options
didopido
didopido Member Posts: 8 New User

I'm having problems with my tablet and the connected sleep, especially when connected to the keyboard dock. As alternative I wanted to put the W510 to hibernate when the lid is closed, but I donn't see the option anywhere. Is it avilable for this device?

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Is a switch in the power options section of control pannel. See http://techmell.net/how-to/disable-enable-sleep-mode-hibernate-windows-8/

• didopido
    Options

Unfortunately I don't have the option under  “Change settings that are currently unavailable”. The only options listed there are: 

Turn on fast startup

Sleep

Lock

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Well when in doubt, open a DOS box with admin priv and enter "powercfg -h on"

• didopido
    Options

Done that too, still no difference. I just want to verify that oter users have this option and is not a limitation of the hardware/OS combination.

• whiskey
    whiskey Member Posts: 32

Tinkerer

Options

This is a Connected Standby system.  Hibernate negates that configuraion.  As the Atom Clovertraill was a bit late and the only system that has yet to support Connected Standby, the release of Windows 8 did not fully implement the standard, leaving it up to the OEMs to reconfigure the OS to support the intended hardware advantages

If you want hiberate and a system running as a regular computer then you can do a fresh installation of Windows 8 or mess around with the existing OS.  For those who do a fresh install but want to set the OEM's configuraions, Acer provided the factory defaults in the C:\Drivers folder.  The disabling of the commn S3 & S4 states is done by scripts in C:\OEM\Preload\POWERWORKAROUND, notably DisableS3S4.cmd:

REM c:\OEM\Preload\BTPairing

Echo. >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1 Echo. >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1 Echo. >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1 Echo [%~dpnx0] start on %time% >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1

Echo Set to NoS3S4 >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log c:\windows\system32\powercfg.exe /import %CD%\NoS3S4.pow 09438263-cc08-4abf-8eb0-686199d65af0 >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1 c:\windows\system32\powercfg.exe /SETACTIVE 09438263-cc08-4abf-8eb0-686199d65af0 >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1

c:\windows\system32\powercfg.exe /list >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1

Echo [%~dpnx0] end on %time% >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1 Echo. >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1 Echo. >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1 Echo. >> c:\windows\system32\oem\preload.log 2>&1

• sskaro
    sskaro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

This sounds like a good explanation. So, probably if I don't have an option to enable hibernation, that means those scripts were executed during installation process. But please tell me is there any way to reverse the scripts, to get back hibernate option? I have W3-810, but I assume it is the same like with W510.

This discussion has been closed.